Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Retirement, Anyone?

    Well, we officially shut down operation of the Bee-Line Express as of April 30th, so it's been a full week not having to answer the business phone. That by itself is a joy of retirement for me. I'm not one...
that really enjoys chatting on the phone, so this new solitude is a welcome reprieve. I love our clients and our friends; I'm just not the chatty type. I leave that to the other Kathy (my better half) who definitely IS the chatty Kathy. She is much better at the small talk, where I'm pretty boring and straight to the point. Opposites attract - and that is a good thing in our case for sure!

     A big Thank You goes out to all our clients; many of you have been loyal fans of Bee-Line for the past 13 years, as well as repeat passengers to and from the St. Louis airport, Hospitals, Doctor appointments, weddings, and group outings. We have laughed with you, cried with you, and kept up with current events of your families. You have become true friends of our drivers and of us. We will miss you! 




    Now we are getting close to the big day of our auction. I'm feeling pretty good about it...we have several interested parties in both the business and the building. Many of our clients have called to inquire about the business continuing on, and I do think that a younger soul with fresh passion will buy it and build it from where we left off. I'm pretty pumped for auction day to get here, so we can actually tie up the loose ends of this phase of our 
life and move on to our next adventure. 



   Speaking of our next adventure, we have actually found the motor home that we want and will be flying to Texas later this month to bring it home. Stay tuned for pictures on that in the next blog. 

The Bee-Gals

No comments:

Post a Comment